Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Apartment Hunting

My eldest daughter has had a year in student accommodation in the big city and is itching to move out. This week we took a trip to the city and met a friend she plans to share with. What a big adventure!


We were hunting in the "leafy suburbs". Some places would do just nicely, thank you. Some places just made me cringe. Funny how different they could look from the online photos! This was one place that took the girls' fancy:

And we had to stop for refreshments

 

And they had to update their friends about their progress


Apparently phones are good not only for communication but also navigation. And maps are SO old hat. And the mother was allowed to come as long as she sat in the back seat and didn't navigate and didn't say any "I told you so!"s.

So I sat in the back and looked at the map and watched in silence as we took many wrong turns.

TOLD YOU SO!

But it was a lesson in holding back and watching my young lady growing up and making her own decisions. And a lesson in letting her make her own mistakes and feel free to say "Whoops, sorry Mum" without being nagged. Which she did. And I am proud.

I think we both learned something very valuable this day!

3 comments:

  1. Which risks and I admire you to have remained sat(based) wisely behind the car. Next year, it will be in the tour(ballot) of my daughter but I do not know if I shall be also Zen as you;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, that is so sweet, Esther. You're such a good Mom. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a lesson in holding your tongue huh? Just remember that no matter what, you will always be that voice of reason perched up on her shoulder!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...